on receiving this prestigious award on wordpress, all i’d like to say is thank you to each and every one who has ever taken the time to read my words.
heartfelt thanks to Meher for nominating me for ‘the liebster award’! your words are phenomenal and i am grateful that i stumbled upon your blog so quickly after joining this blogging community.
for the ones who don’t know, ‘liebster’ is a german word which means ‘dearest/nicest’. there are so many dear voices out there that have yet to receive the recognition that they deserve, so i shall try my hardest to spread their words.
here are the rules:
• create a new post thanking the person who nominated you, provide a link to their blog.
• include award graphic.
• answer the questions provided.
• make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
• nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them so they see it.
my words in reply to Meher’s questions:
1. what does writing/blogging mean to you?
- writing is taking the pains that constrain your soul, as well as the breathless beauties that fill your heart, and living them in complete vulnerability by putting them out into the world. writing is realizing just how similar, and just how human, we all are.
2. if you could visit any of your favorite destinations right now, which one would it be?
- i’d board a plane at midnight just so i could see the sunrise over the stone steeples of a small town in southern france.
3. if you could change one thing about this world, what would it be and why?
- my god, i would want everyone to understand that we are only one species, we only have one earth, and this generation can lead to either beauty from chaos or it can spiral into darkness and complete and utter destruction. the outcome is up to us.
4. what’s your favorite childhood memory?
- ahh. my favorite childhood memory…. the walks that me and my dad used to take, after dark, as the air was crisp and the streets were ours. we’d buy peanuts, always salted, and eat them amidst laughter as we sat on our favorite tree stump. those walks were ours, just ours, and i treasured them.
5. do you ever face writer’s block/blogger’s block? if yes then, how do you deal with it?
- i have never experienced anything but writers blog, that i why i chose to write in the first place. we are never as devoid of feeling and emotion as we believe, and i knew that deep down, deep deep down, i had words. even though i believed myself to be a empty void of thought and existence, in every post i publish i am proving myself wrong. that is why i write.
6. if you could describe your writings is one word, what would it be?
7. what comes to your mind when i say the word ‘peace’?
- the place where mind, body, spirit, and world can sigh in relief.
8. do you think the present and the future generations will be able to bring about more of love and harmony in the world or do you think the worms of greed and hatred will consume us all?
- we are capable of love and harmony. i know it. we can bring about change, but the longer we continue hoping and believing we are incapable or that someone else out there is more capable, nothing will ever be done. the time is now, and the love and healing is within us.
9. what is the one thing you like the most about blogging?
- i love the fact that even one person reads what i write. that is infinitely more than i could have ever expected or hoped for, and i am so so so grateful. i write so as not to feel so alone, and when i see that other true, real, beautiful humans read my words, it fills me with so much contentment.
10. do you like to read? Which is your favorite book?
- ahh i love reading with my whole heart. some of my favorites that i have read recently are “extremely loud and incredibly close” by jonathan safran foer (my all-time favorite), “the history of love” by nicole krauss, “tuesdays with morrie” by mitch albom, and “all the light we cannot see” by anthony doerr.
These are all the questions and I must say, that I enjoyed answering these amazing questions!
i am wholeheartedly honored to nominate:
My questions for my nominees:
1. if you could say one thing to the people of this world we all live in together and have everyone listen and understand, what would it be?
2. what makes you feel brave?
3. what makes you feel wildly alive?
4. what do you take for granted that you wish you could hold gratitude for in your daily life?
5. if you could express what makes life meaningful in three words, what would they be?
6. what are you reading right now?
7. what was your greatest struggle?
8. what was your greatest triumph?
9. why did you start your blog?
10. what is the light you wish to bring to this world?
that’s all, my friends. let’s keep this going. i love you. thank you for being.
please like, comment, or share. we all want to feel a part of something larger.
read my previous post here, if you’d like. thank you.
so much love,